Soul. Jazz. Soul. Gospel. Pop. Supreme. Respect. Standard. Apex. Icon. Queen. HAPPY BIRTHDAY Ms. ARETHA FRANKLIN!!!
Definitive. Soul. Jazz. Funk. Incomparable. Style. Original. Icon. Happy Birthday CHAKA KHAN!
1. Conscious | Womack & Womack (Soul Clap edit)
2. More Love (Bossa Soula Remix) |Ahmed Sirour (c/o Robert Glasper) >http://soundcloud.com/22music/move-love-bossa-soula-remix
3. Nas | The Don
4. Improvised Jam | NERD
5. Brazilian Love Affair | George Duke
6. 2012 | Sonnymoon
7. Ghana Emotion | Omar
8. Everything In Time (Remixed) | Dj Center
9. I Cant Let Go (live in RIO 80′) | EWF
10. I Am Your Mind (pt 2/Unreleased) | Roy Ayers
RELEASE FEATURE OF THE MONTH*
ROBERT GLASPER EXPERIMENT | BLACK RADIO
VIDEO FEATURE OF THE MONTH*
“Sneaky Disposition” ft Manifest [prod. by Mayhem Manny]
Turn a blind eye and a deaf ear to typical and mediocre. Only squares get easily excited. Embrace Excellence.
I learned and know one thing this past nite..nothing is more powerful than TRUTH & UNCONDITIONAL LOVE..I want to thank everybody that came and shared the vibe with us last saturday nite at SATURDAY NITE SPECIAL at CROCKER CLUB!! A lotta good spirits blessed us and shared the vibe of good music, good people and unified groove..beyond humbled and grateful..stay tuned for the next SPECIAL session! One Love!!
We had a chance to catch up with Holland’s beat making music sensation D-FELIC who blessed LA this week with a blazing DJ set at our two events CHOICE Tuesdays & HIGH END STEREO!!! He talks MILES DAVIS, PRINCE and analog vs digital..check it!!
1. What are your favorite instruments?
I started out playing piano. So everything with black and white keys I like. My favorites are the Fender Rhodes piano and MiniMoog.
2. How did you become a DJ?
I started out in high school.. Just like to play my records at schoolpartys.
3. Who were your influences?
4. Who are your favorite artists?
This kinda questions are so difficult. I go by some name who really got me inspired to start to make my own music.There is a lot. But to name a few; George Clinton, Prince, Leon Ware, Stevie Wonder, Miles Davis, Herbie Hancock and A Tribe Called Quest. From the new school, Amp Fiddler, Marc de Clive Lowe.
5.If you were stuck on an island, which 5 records would you choose?
- Miles Davis – On the corner
- Parliament – Motorbootyaffair
- Joe Hisaichi – Princess Mononoke Symphonic Suit3
- Leon Ware – Musical Massage
- Kings of Convenience – Riot on a empty street
- Prince – Black album
6.How is the scene in Holland and what are the most popular sounds?
Holland is very diverse. There a lot of small scenes. But the soul scene is the smallest. So that’s why I’m happy to get those opportunities overhere in Los Angeles.
7. Are you a musician or a DJ first?
I’m a musician first who likes to DJ too.
8.How did you get your alias?
I started DJ’ing as DJ Dunk-A-Felic. Like 4 years ago I shortened it to D-Felic.
10. Analog or Digital?
I like best of both worlds. I’m recording lots of analog keyboards digitally.
If you listen to my music you will hear the mix between analog and digital.
11. Any plans in the near future, we should look out for?
There is a lot coming up in 2012. I just finished an EP with some vocalists from LA. I’m busy how to get it released. I’m going to write new music for a new album. I’m going to do some more collabo’s and remixes and productions for other artists. And try to do as much gigs as possible. Just keep working hard!