Most people do New Year’s Resolutions, I decided to go the opposite direction and recap valuable lessons and trials over the year. A resolution to me is more of another proponent in procrastination (why wait till the New Year if you had not reflected what you gained in the past year?). So here goes..
1. Family first.
2. Health is paramount.
3. Feels great to stop paying a credit card bill (and starting a retirement portfolio).
4. Going through the darkness to fully appreciate the light (grimy before shiny).
5. Community service is vital (voluntary of course).
6. What use to excite me at 25 is an appetizer for me these days (not the main course..still in the menu).
7. Celebrate abundance.
8. Watching the elders grow older is beautiful (but difficult to fully embrace).
9. Money, people and status are musical chairs (don’t get excited).
10. I finally met BOBBY WOMACK and he is exactly as I figured!!! Epic!
11. Staying creative (working with like minds that respect what you do is a blessing).
12. Letting the past stay where it is (you will be enslaved by it..instead of being inspired by it).
13. There is a crossroads with people you think that would be in your life forever (you still wish them well..all love..all good).
14. There are those chosen few who stay consistent and loyal (y’all know who you are…thank you for ridin’ for me! champagne and good times for life! always love!!)
15. It has to be my way (everybody wins).
16. Keeping good counsel is worth more than money.
17. Laying low (avoiding the shadows is the natural light).
18. Laugh at yourself more (you’ll go crazy if you don’t).
19. Im still obsessed with Stevie Wonder’s “INNERVISIONS”.
20. Feels good to play instruments and compose again.
21. Ready to do some more traveling.
22. I have outgrown LA (all love..been there..cant do reruns).
23. Staying in shape is the s–t! (I use to RUN from the gym ..now I run towards it!)
24. Seeking and gravitating toward higher frequencies is pure nirvana (shifting the focus).
25. Keep it humble in the rumble.
26. Never cry over spilled milk..get a better cow.
I learned and know one thing this past nite..nothing is more powerful than TRUTH & UNCONDITIONAL LOVE..I want to thank everybody that came and shared the vibe with us last saturday nite at SATURDAY NITE SPECIAL at CROCKER CLUB!! A lotta good spirits blessed us and shared the vibe of good music, good people and unified groove..beyond humbled and grateful..stay tuned for the next SPECIAL session! One Love!!
Last nite CHOICE Tuesdays LA at Onyx Lounge with my man Special Guest Sjoerd Neggers aka D FELIC (HOLLAND) was beyond classic!! He came with the beautiful CHOICE cuts!! (yes, we finally linked!!) We also welcome the return of our very own Dorian Missick aka TAILWIND TURNER who came with the heat as always!! Please send a get well to our comrade Da’shon Is. who was under the weather was not able to make it out to jam with us!! Biggups and a big shout to Deejay Mza, Tony Lopez, GeorGe Recinos , etc who blessed us with some good energy in the place!! Stay Tuned for HIGH END STEREO with an encore set with D FELIC THIS THURSDAY at NAYA LOUNGE in SILVERLAKE!!!
CHOICE Tuesdays: Cupid UnComplicated Edition
This is a very special V-Day Edition of CHOICE TUESDAYS!!
Cupid UnComplicated is an evening for singles to mix, mingle and meet. Hosted by Success Strategist: Johnel Barron a professional motivational speaker and Success Coach.
Barron says the goal of the night is to provide a chance for downtowners to come out and have fun. In addition, to the Resident Dj’s A-Ski & Selector Da’shon Is. supplying the soundtrack+ guest comedians, Barron will accept anonymous written questions from the crowd to give advice of Dating and Relationships in real time. There will also a matchmaking session called: “21 minutes of love,” 3-7 minutes opportunities at meeting someone new.
Singles, couples and those that are just on Facebook browsing are welcome to come out!!!
CHOICE TUESDAYS | ONYX LOUNGE
The ultimate weekly after-work nightlife lounge excursion in Downtown
LA with Dj’s:
A-SKI (Unique74, LA)
No Cover | Drink Specials (Happy Hour starts at 10pm) | Tapas |
Cuisine | 7p-12a
118 W 5th St
Los Angeles, CA 90013
These are events that UNIQUE74 HIGHLY RECOMMENDS and MUSIC to add to your soundtrack!!!
UNIQUE74 says GO!!!> SOULNIC | THIS is the dopest park jam in LA..hands down…I am booked at a private event that very day (but there in spirit!) in my mind I will be thinking about how you all will be jamming on the one in the park…I played and participated last year and had a blast!! A MUST ATTEND!!
Sunday, June 26 at 9:00pm – June 27 at 2:00am
2nd Street Jazz
366 E.2nd St
The Hip Hop DJ Night
Every 4th Sunday of the month
Old School Hip Hop & Jazzy Hip Hop
Resident DJs- KURO . ERI(SPINCYCLE LA) & WAX
☆Special MPC Performance☆
by:ASLOW . SEIYA & KURO
Check out one of the most astounding artist of his time…you WILL be entertained..He is one of my Top 5 favorite artists that ALWAYS puts on a killer LIVE SHOW!!! Anybody who has worked with the likes of QUINCY JONES & STEVIE WONDER has got to have something SPECIAL!!! MR DEREK MCKEITH brings the heat…be there!
Wednesday, June 29 · 10:00pm – 11:00pm
The Roxy Theater
9009 Sunset Boulevard
Admission – $12 – ALL AGES ALLOWED!!!! ( 🙂 Parents. No excuse now)
DEREK MCKEITH SAYS:
The 1st 40 people will receive a FREE copy of my album ‘The Signature’, w/ admission.
Hey look, I know it’s a Wednesday, BUT this WILL help you get over that hump. I PROMISE IT WILL BE WORTH YOUR TIME. Plus I’ll do it in 30 min. for you!!!!
I can’t tell you how excited I am to have some fun with ya’ll again! It’s gonna be a BLAST! Ya Dig!!!
See you there!